Search This Blog

Aug 6, Baymont Hotel, Fargo, ND

 This was our layover day.  It was a chance to catch up on laundry.  I also wanted to get my bike to a bike shop.  By noon both tasks were accomplished so Laura and I began to explore Fargo.  It is the second largest city we have visited on the ride.  Rochester is larger.  Fargo has active railroad tracks right through the center of town.  Everything stops when the train blocks Broadway Avenue.  In town I tried to convince Laura to trade in our bikes for a couple of Harleys but she wouldn't go for it.  After lunch Laura and I biked back across the Red River into Minnesota to attend a jazz festival.  We returned to the hotel so Laura could get a little more pool time before a romantic dinner at Taco Bell.  We packed up our bags so we could get a jump on our 6:00 am preparation routine.  Tomorrow starts a series of segments going due west that will bring us through North Dakota and the last 3 states of our ride.
















1 comment:

Sunshine Sister 🌞 said...

HD! Now That's what I'm talking about!! Can you imagine those open roads at 65 mph?? In the wind....