Search This Blog

June 2 2024

 We left the Noordam and shuttled to Anchorage. In Whittier there is only a single lane tunnel that is used by cars and trains. Traffic alternates directions every half an hour. The train gets a priority when it arrives or departs Whittier. As we entered Anchorage the bus driver pointed out Denali in the distance. The day was so clear that we could see the top of the snow covered mountain. I hope we get clear weather next week when we visit Denali up close. The shuttle dropped us off at the Holland America Hospitality center. There we ordered an Uber to enterprise rental car where we picked up our vehicle. We visited the Alaska Botanical Garden and then the Anchorage Museum. The gardens were pretty but a lot of the flowers were not in bloom yet as it is still early summer. The museum is 4 levels and has wonderful displays from authors to Native Alaskan artifacts to Alaskan/US history. I was reminded that I was born before both Alaska and Hawaii were states. Tomorrow we tour Anchorage with Niles Woods, our friend from the Northern Tier cycle tour.


















































2 comments:

Sunshine Sister 🌞 said...

Wow!! I will spend many visits to this 'museum' enjoying your photos.
Sending Sunshine and blue skies.

Sunshine Sister 🌞 said...

Front yard truck is an idea garden...