Search This Blog

July 1 Selkirk Shores State Park, Pulaski, NY

 Today was a day of climbs and descents for a solid 55 miles.  The morning was sunny with clouds rolling in later in the day.  We stopped in Orwell for lunch and saw a horse drawn carriage.  There is an Amish influence in the area.  The town of Redfield had lots of ATVs running around, maybe because it was Saturday and fourth of July weekend.  It was a slow day as far as views were concerned so I started taking pictures of street signs that we don't see in Florida.  The Selkirk Shores campground is packed full of campers, probably due to the holiday weekend.  Again the rangers gave us fits over our registration even though we had reservations. Laura got a chance for a quick dip into Lake Ontario.























1 comment:

Chris Chartrand said...

Creative idea with the street signs ... and I saw enough of those in Minnesota, so I don't miss them in Florida!